HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
HLTAID002 – Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. The unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.
There are no specific academic entry requirements for this unit.
Applicants for this unit are expected to:
- Be able to use a personal computer, including basic word processing, spreadsheet, email programs and internet search engines
- Have a demonstrated capacity in learning, reading, writing, oracy and numeracy competencies to Level 3 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF). See Australian Core Skills Framework.
The above requirements could be demonstrated by applicants in a variety of ways such as:
- Having completed secondary school to year 11;
- Successful employment in a position that required use of computers in an office situation;
- Verified references from an employer indicating that the applicant has demonstrated the above requirements in their workplace;
- Via an interview process that assesses the applicant’s skills.
Work Placement Requirements
Other Course Requirements
Students must wear clean clothing including long pants and appropriate enclosed shoes
Students must be physically fit enough to complete 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR
Course length is 1 day
Whyalla, Port Lincoln, Roxby Downs, Adelaide
Delivery Modes Available
- Full-time attendance at a group delivery in a venue conducted by a facilitator
Total course cost $170.00 per person
If you have any questions regarding this course or would like to enrol, please contact us on:
Phone: 1300 885 697