This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level are likely to provide leadership, guidance and support to others. They may also have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of teams.
They apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
There are no specific academic entry requirements for this qualification.
Applicants for the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management are expected to:
- Be able to use a personal computer, including basic word processing, spreadsheet, email programs and internet search engines
- Have a demonstrated capacity in learning, reading, writing, oracy and numeracy competencies to Level 4 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF). See Australian Core Skills Framework.
The above requirements could be demonstrated by applicants in a variety of ways such as:
- Having completed secondary school to year 12;
- Successful employment in a position that required use of computers in an office situation;
- Verified references from an employer indicating that the applicant has demonstrated the above requirements in their workplace;
- Via an interview process that assesses the applicant’s skills.
Work Placement Requirements
Other Course Requirements
External students require access to a computer and internet access
Course length is 24 months
Course delivery is online.
- Full fee: $3,500.00
- Subsidised fee: $1,000.00*
* Supported by the Government of South Australia. Visit www.skills.sa.gov.au for Participant Eligibility Criteria.
Total number of units = 12
5 core units plus 7 elective units, of which:
- 4 units must be selected from Group A
- 3 units may be additional units selected from Groups A and B
If not listed, up to 2 units may be selected from a Certificate IV or above, from this or any other currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
BSBLDR413 Lead effective workplace relationships
BSBOPS402 Coordinate business operational plans
BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace
BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
BSBLDR412 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
BSBLDR414 Lead team effectiveness
BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
BSBOPS403 Apply business risk management processes
BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities
BSBSTR502 Facilitate continuous improvement
BSBSUS411 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
If you have any questions regarding this course or would like to enrol, please contact us via email at email@example.com or phone 1300 885 697.