This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to shift loads safely using manual handling methods. Work must be carried out in compliance with the relevant work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) regulations concerning the manual handling and movement of loads.
It includes assessing the risks associated with relocating the load, planning the relocation process and carrying out the relocation in accordance with the plan.
Work is performed under some supervision generally within a team environment.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
There are no specific academic entry requirements for this unit.
Applicants for this unit are expected to:
- Be able to use a personal computer, including basic word processing, spreadsheet, email programs and internet search engines
- Have a demonstrated capacity in learning, reading, writing, oracy and numeracy competencies to Level 1 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF). See Australian Core Skills Framework.
The above requirements could be demonstrated by applicants in a variety of ways such as:
- Having completed secondary school to year 9;
- Successful employment in a position that required use of computers in an office situation;
- Verified references from an employer indicating that the applicant has demonstrated the above requirements in their workplace;
- Via an interview process that assesses the applicant’s skills.
Work Placement Requirements
Other Course Requirements
Students must wear full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including steel cap boots, long pants and long sleeved shirt at all times
Course length is 4 hours
Whyalla, Port Lincoln, Roxby Downs
Delivery Modes Available
Full-time attendance at a group delivery in a venue conducted by a facilitator
Total course cost $150.00
If you have any questions regarding this course or would like to enrol, please contact us on:
Phone: 1300 885 697