The Student Code of Behaviour requires the following rights and expectations to be respected and adhered to at all times.
- The right to be treated with respect from others, to be treated fairly and without discrimination, regardless of religious, cultural, racial and sexual differences, age, disability or socio-economic status;
- The right to be free from all forms of intimidation;
- The right to work in a safe, clean, orderly and cooperative environment;
- The right to have personal property (including computer files and student work) and the Training organisation property protected from damage or other misuse;
- The right to have any disputes settled in a fair and rational manner (this is accomplished by the Complaints and Appeals Procedure);
- The right to work and learn in a supportive environment without interference from others;
- The right to express and share ideas and to ask questions;
- The right to be treated with politeness and courteously at all times;
- The expectation that students will not engage in copyright breaches, cheating or plagiarism;
- The expectation that students will submit work when required;
- The expectation that students will at all times meet the requirements, terms and conditions contained in the Student application and enrolment form including payment of fees.
- The expectation that students will attend all required classes and assessment as part of the requirement to progress through the course satisfactorily and complete the course in within the time frame notified in the Student application and enrolment form.
There are consequences for non-compliance with the Student Code of Behaviour. These are detailed in the Student Behaviour Procedure.