This course will provide students with the ability to safely identify confined spaces, hazards applicable to confined spaces, and the methods to control these hazards. The course content includes:
- Plan and prepare for working in confined spaces
- Perform the duties of a confined space safety observer
- Prepare and use gas detection equipment
- Control the permit site
- Enter and work safely in a confined space
- Exit a confined space and return the work area to an operational status
- Clean up and housekeeping activities
Licensing, legislative and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories and industry sectors. Users must check requirements with relevant body before applying the unit.
Note: The terms Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and Work Health and Safety (WHS) are equivalent and generally either can be used in the workplace. In jurisdictions where the National Model WHS Legislation has not been implemented RTOs are advised to contextualise the unit of competency by referring to the existing State/Territory OHS legislative requirements.
Applicants must have the ability to read, write, speak and understand basic English.
Enrolment form and payment is required prior to training commencing.
Other Course Requirements
Students will be required to:
- present photo ID.
- declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation.
- wear PPE and safety footwear.
All training materials are supplied by Career Employment Group Inc.
Minimum 4, maximum 8 applicants.
Schedule is subject to change if the minimum class size is not met.
1 x 8 hour day – training is a combination of theory and practical work.
Port Lincoln, Roxby Downs & Adelaide.
Full-time attendance at a group delivery in a venue conducted by a facilitator.
- Full Fee: $290.00
- CITB Member Fee: $130.00
On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with
- a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS202E – Enter and Work in Confined Spaces.
- a competency card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance (www.usi.gov.au).
If you have any questions regarding this course or would like to enrol, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 885 697.