This course will provide students with the ability to safely conduct preoperational checks, operate a Skid Steer to satisfy site requirements, and complete assigned activities common when using a Skid Steer loading using buckets only (no attachments).
The course content includes:
- Idenfiying Safety Requirements
- Working Around Plant & Personnel
- Pre-Start Checks
- Site Policies and Procedures
- Work Instructions & Documentation
- Safe Work Method Statements
- Site Plans, Drawings and Sketches
- Hazard Identification
- Underground Services
- Power Lines and Overhead Services
- Hazard Control
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Traffic Management/Signage
- Machine Functions/Machine Loadings
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and Industry sectors. Relevant information must be sourced prior to application of the unit.
Please note that this unit alone does not provide sufficient skill to independently load and unload equipment. To perform this activity safely, personnel must either complete or be assisted by someone who has completed RIIHAN308F – Load and Unload Plant (or equivalent).
Applicants must have:
- the ability to read, write, speak and understand basic English.
- basic mathematical skills.
Other Course Requirements
Students will be required to:
- present photo ID.
- declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation.
- wear PPE and safety footwear.
All training materials are supplied by Career Employment Group Inc.
Minimum 4, maximum 6 applicants.
Schedule is subject to change if minimum class size is not met.
3 x 8 hour days – training is a combination of theory and practical work.
Whyalla, Port Lincoln, Roxby Downs & Adelaide.
Delivery Modes Available
Full-time attendance at a group delivery in a venue conducted by a facilitator.
- Full Fee: $1,360.00
On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with
- a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIMPO335E — Conduct Skid Steer Loader Operations.
- a tax invoice.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance (www.usi.gov.au).
If you have any questions regarding this course or would like to enrol, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 887 697.