This course will provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to operate Telescopic Materials Handlers in a safe and competent manner in accordance with workplace requirements.
The course content includes:
- Plan and prepare for operations with a telehandler.
- Select, fit and remove attachments to a telehandler.
- Perform pre-operational and operational checks on a telehandler.
- Operate a telehandler to satisfy site requirements.
- Use appropriate mathematical procedures for estimating the weight of assigned loads.
- Attach, secure, lift, carry and place materials and loads.
- Complete parking and shut down procedures.
- Carry out post-operational requirements relating to cleaning, checking and storing plant, tools and equipment.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and industry sectors. Relevant information must be sourced prior to application of the unit.
- be 18 years of age.
- have the ability to read, write, speak and understand basic English.
Enrolment form & payment is required prior to training commencing.
Other Course Requirements
Students will be required to:
- present photo ID.
- declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation.
- wear PPE and safety footwear.
It is also preferred that students have completed TLILIC0003 – Licence to operate a forklift truck prior to undertaking this course.
All training materials are supplied by Career Employment Group Inc.
Minimum 4, maximum 6 applicants.
Schedule is subject to change if the minimum class size is not met.
Training is a combination of theory and practical work.
- 2 x 8 hour days (non-experienced course)
- 1 x 8 hour day (experienced course)
Whyalla, Port Lincoln, Roxby Downs & Adelaide.
Full-time attendance at a group delivery in a venue conducted by a facilitator
- Full Fee:
- $750.00 (non-experienced course)
- $500.00 (experienced course)
On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with
- a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIHAN309F – Conduct Telescopic Materials Handler Operations.
- a competency card.
The Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance (www.usi.gov.au).
If you have any questions regarding this course or would like to enrol, please contact us via email at email@example.com or phone 1300 885 697.