Do you have experience working in mining or heavy industries? Do you want to use your knowledge to train people?
Career Employment Group is seeking Trainers and Assessors to join our growing team and meet our busy training schedule needs. This position is based in Whyalla—options are available for casual, part time and full time depending on your skillset. This role will involve travel to our other training locations in Port Lincoln, Roxby Downs and Port Pirie as required.
If you are currently working and are looking to transition to something new, we may be able to offer a flexible employment option.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking someone who has a minimum of 3 years recent operational experience in 2 or more of the following:
- High Risk Work Licences:
- Forklift Truck
- Basic Rigging
- Crane Operation any of the following classes: (CN, CV, C6 to C1)
- Elevated Work Platform (Boom Type – above 11m)
Ideally you will be an accredited SafeWork SA Assessor with the ability to deliver and assess multiple licences, however we are willing to support a successful applicant through this process.
In addition to the above you would ideally hold, and have recent industry experience in multiple of the following workplace tickets:
- Confined Spaces
- Work Safely at Heights
- Work Safely in the Construction Industry (White Card)
- Work Zone Traffic Management
- Elevated Work Platform (Scissor Lift – below 11m)
What is involved in training:
As a trainer you will deliver training and assessment to students. You will also need to:
- Complete and submit all required documentation in a timely manner
- Ability to deliver training to a diverse cohort of clients
- Establish and maintain industry relationships to ensure that the training and assessment services are aligned with industry expectations
- Be flexible with working hours to meet the needs of our valued clients
- Be willing to undertake professional development to maintain currency
What we can offer you:
As a Trainer and Assessor you will be supported by our administration and compliance teams who will make your days as seamless as possible. You will be offered an attractive remuneration reflective of your experience, and be given the opportunity for further professional development to support our organisation. Training delivery hours are usually 8.00am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday.
To be considered for this role you will need hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116 or its successor) or be willing to obtain this. If you do not have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, CEG would be willing to support successful applicants in obtaining this.
How to Apply
To submit an application please send a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 3rd March 2024
* Please note that this position may be filled prior to closing date.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to pass on their knowledge and skills!
CEG is a community-based organisation that has been providing employment and training services to SA communities for over 35 years.