HLTSS00066 – Infection Control Skill Set (Food Handling)
Current skill set
A set of skills to follow organisational infection prevention and control policies and procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks in organisations that include food handling in their operations.
HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks.
This unit applies to individuals working in health and direct client care contexts.
The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
There are no specific academic entry requirements for this unit.
Applicants for this unit are expected to:
• Have a demonstrated capacity in learning, reading, writing, oracy and numeracy competencies to Level 2 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF). See Australian Core Skills Framework. (ACSF). See Australian Core Skills Framework.
The above requirements could be demonstrated by applicants in a variety of ways such as:
• Having completed secondary school to year 10;
• Verified references from an employer indicating that the applicant has demonstrated the above requirements in their workplace;
• Via an interview process that assesses the applicant’s skills.
Work Placement Requirements
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this skill set at the time of publication.
Other Course Requirements
This skill set is for individuals working in various capacities in workplaces that handle food who require the skills and knowledge to decrease the risk of and transmission of infection whilst carrying out their daily duties.
Self-paced online theory component.
2.5 hours practical component.
SA Metro and regional areas
Delivery Modes Available
• Blended delivery consisting of online theory and practical demonstration
Total course cost $15.00* per person
*Eligibility criteria applies
Next Course Commencing
For metro enquiries contact: 8338 1492
For regional enquiries contact: 8645 6800
If you have any questions regarding this course, please contact us on:
Phone: 1300 885 697