HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
This unit applies to all persons who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Specific licensing/regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.
There are no specific academic entry requirements for this unit.
Applicants for this unit are expected to:
- Have a demonstrated capacity in learning, reading, writing, oracy and numeracy competencies to Level 2 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF). See Australian Core Skills Framework.
The above requirements could be demonstrated by applicants in a variety of ways such as:
- Having completed secondary school to year 10;
- Verified references from an employer indicating that the applicant has demonstrated the above requirements in their workplace;
- Via an interview process that assesses the applicant’s skills.
Work Placement Requirements
Other Course Requirements
Students must be physically fit enough to complete 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR
Course length is 4 hours
Whyalla, Port Lincoln, Roxby Downs
Delivery Modes Available
- Full-time attendance at a group delivery in a venue conducted by a facilitator
Total course cost $60.00
Next Course Commencing
Please contact your local CEG office for more information.
If you have any questions regarding this course or would like to enrol, please contact us on:
Phone: 1300 885 697