This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level provide leadership, guidance and support to others. They also have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of their team.
They apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
There are no specific academic entry requirements for this qualification.
Applicants for the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management are expected to:
- Be able to use a personal computer, including basic word processing, spreadsheet, email programs and internet search engines
- Have a demonstrated capacity in learning, reading, writing, oracy and numeracy competencies to Level 4 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF). See Australian Core Skills Framework.
The above requirements could be demonstrated by applicants in a variety of ways such as:
- Having completed secondary school to year 12;
- Successful employment in a position that required use of computers in an office situation;
- Verified references from an employer indicating that the applicant has demonstrated the above requirements in their workplace;
- Via an interview process that assesses the applicant’s skills.
Work Placement Requirements
Other Course Requirements
Students are required to complete the written assessments outside of class time, which depending on the students underpinning knowledge, may be approximately 6-10 hours per week,
External students require access to a computer and internet access
Course length is 24 months
Whyalla, Port Lincoln, Roxby Downs, Adelaide, Online
Delivery Modes Available
- Full-time or part-time attendance at a group delivery in a venue conducted by a facilitator
- External delivery
- Online delivery
Total course cost $3,500.00 or $3,000.00 for online delivery
Total number of units = 12
4 core units plus
8 elective units, of which:
4 units must be selected from Group A
4 units may be additional units selected from Group A or Group B
if not listed below, 1 unit may be from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Certificate IV level or above.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan
BSBLDR404 Lead a diverse workforce
BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
If you have any questions regarding this course or would like to enrol, please contact us on:
Phone: 1300 885 697