This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level provide leadership, guidance and support to others. They also have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of their team.
They apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
There are no specific academic entry requirements for this qualification.
Applicants for the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management are expected to:
- Be able to use a personal computer, including basic word processing, spreadsheet, email programs and internet search engines
- Have a demonstrated capacity in learning, reading, writing, oracy and numeracy competencies to Level 4 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF). See Australian Core Skills Framework.
The above requirements could be demonstrated by applicants in a variety of ways such as:
- Having completed secondary school to year 12;
- Successful employment in a position that required use of computers in an office situation;
- Verified references from an employer indicating that the applicant has demonstrated the above requirements in their workplace;
- Via an interview process that assesses the applicant’s skills.
Work Placement Requirements
Other Course Requirements
External students require access to a computer and internet access
This qualification is currently undergoing transition. For more information on what this means for you see here: Download PDF
Course length is 24 months
Delivery Modes Available
- Online delivery
Total course cost $3,500.00
Total number of units = 12
4 core units plus
8 elective units, of which:
4 units must be selected from Group A
4 units may be additional units selected from Group A or Group B
if not listed below, 1 unit may be from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Certificate IV level or above.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan
BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
BSBFIA412 Report on financial activity
BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
BSBADM409 Coordinate business resources
BSBCUS401 Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
If you have any questions regarding this course or would like to enrol, please contact us on:
Phone: 1300 885 697