BSB30715 – Certificate III In Work Health And Safety
This qualification is suitable for skilled operators who take on Work Health and Safety (WHS) responsibilities in addition to their main duties. They may provide technical advice and support to a team and apply a range of competencies in varied work contexts.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
There are no specific academic entry requirements for this qualification.
Applicants for the Certificate III in Work Health and Safety are expected to:
- Be able to use a personal computer, including basic word processing, spreadsheet, email programs and internet search engines
- Have a demonstrated capacity in learning, reading, writing, oracy and numeracy competencies to Level 3 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF). See Australian Core Skills Framework.
The above requirements could be demonstrated by applicants in a variety of ways such as:
- Having completed secondary school to year 11;
- Successful employment in a position that required use of computers in an office situation;
- Verified references from an employer indicating that the applicant has demonstrated the above requirements in their workplace;
- Via an interview process that assesses the applicant’s skills.
Work Placement Requirements
Other Course Requirements
Students are required to complete the written/online assessments outside of class time, which depending on the students underpinning knowledge, may be approximately 6-10 hours per week
External students require access to a computer and internet access
Course length is 18 months
Whyalla, Port Lincoln, Roxby Downs, Adelaide, Online
Delivery Modes Available
- Full-time or part-time attendance at a group delivery in a venue conducted by a facilitator
- External delivery
- Online delivery
Total course cost is $2,500.00 or $2,000.00 for online delivery
Total number of units = 10
5 core units plus
5 elective units, of which:
3 units must be from the elective units below
2 units may be from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level
If not listed, 1 elective unit may be selected from a Certificate II or Certificate IV from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
BSBWHS302 Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace
BSBWHS303 Participate in WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
BSBWHS304 Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes
BSBWHS305 Contribute to WHS issue resolution
BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace
BSBDIV301 Work effectively with diversity
PUAWER001B Identify, prevent and report potential workplace emergency situations
BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
PUAWER004B Respond to workplace emergencies
If you have any questions regarding this course or would like to enrol, please contact us on:
Phone: 1300 885 697