This qualification applies to a range of administrative roles in varied contexts.
Individuals in these positions use some discretion and judgement and may provide technical advice and support to a team.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
There are no specific academic entry requirements for this qualification.
Applicants for the Certificate III in Business Administration are expected to:
- Be able to use a personal computer, including basic word processing, spreadsheet, email programs and internet search engines
- Have a demonstrated capacity in learning, reading, writing, oracy and numeracy competencies to Level 3 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF). SeeAustralian Core Skills Framework.
The above requirements could be demonstrated by applicants in a variety of ways such as:
- Having completed secondary school to year 11;
- Successful employment in a position that required use of computers in an office situation;
- Verified references from an employer indicating that the applicant has demonstrated the above requirements in their workplace;
- Via an interview process that assesses the applicant’s skills.
Work Placement Requirements
Other Course Requirements
Students may be required to complete the written assessments outside of class time, which depending on the students underpinning knowledge, may be approximately 6-10 hours per week,
Course length is 18 months
Whyalla, Port Lincoln, Roxby Downs, Adelaide
Delivery Modes Available
Full-time or part-time attendance at a group delivery in a venue conducted by a facilitator
Total course cost $3,000.00
Total number of units = 13
2 core units plus
11 elective units , of which:
7 elective units must be selected from the Group A units listed below
4 elective units may be selected from the Group A or Group B elective units listed below, or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level
if not listed below, 2 of the electives units may be selected from a Certificate II or Certificate IV qualification.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
BSBITU307 Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy
BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
BSBDIV301 Work effectively with diversity
BSBITU301 Create and use databases
BSBITU303 Design and produce text documents
BSBITU304 Produce spreadsheets
BSBITU302 Create electronic presentations
BSBADM307 Organise schedules
BSBFIA301 Maintain financial records
BSBFIA303 Process accounts payable and receivable
BSBFIA302 Process payroll
BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
If you have any questions regarding this course or would like to enrol, please contact us on:
Phone: 1300 885 697