This qualification reflects the varied roles of individuals across different industry sectors who apply a broad range of competencies using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
There are no specific academic entry requirements for this qualification.
Applicants for the Certificate III in Business are expected to:
- Be able to use a personal computer, including basic word processing, spreadsheet, email programs and internet search engines
- Have a demonstrated capacity in learning, reading, writing, oracy and numeracy competencies to Level 3 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF). SeeAustralian Core Skills Framework.
The above requirements could be demonstrated by applicants in a variety of ways such as:
- Having completed secondary school to year 11;
- Successful employment in a position that required use of computers in an office situation;
- Verified references from an employer indicating that the applicant has demonstrated the above requirements in their workplace;
- Via an interview process that assesses the applicant’s skills.
Work Placement Requirements
Other Course Requirements
Students may be required to complete the written assessments outside of class time, which depending on the students underpinning knowledge, may be approximately 6-10 hours per week,
Course length is 12 months
Whyalla, Port Lincoln, Roxby Downs, Adelaide
Delivery Modes Available
Full-time or part-time attendance at a group delivery in a venue conducted by a facilitator
Total course cost $3,000.00
Total number of units = 12
1 core unit plus
11 elective units, of which:
7 of the elective units must be selected from the elective units listed below
4 elective units may be selected from the elective units listed below, from this Training Package or from any current accredited course or endorsed Training Package at the same qualification level
if not listed below, 1 elective unit may be selected from a Certificate II qualification and 2 elective units may be taken from a Certificate IV qualification.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
BSBWHS302 Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace
BSBFLM303 Contribute to effective workplace relationships
BSBFLM312 Contribute to team effectiveness
BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
BSBITU303 Design and produce text documents
BSBITU304 Produce spreadsheets
BSBDIV301 Work effectively with diversity
BSBCUS301 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
BSBFIA301 Maintain financial records
BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
BSBWOR302 Work effectively as an off-site worker
BSBCMM301 Process customer complaints
If you have any questions regarding this course or would like to enrol, please contact us on:
Phone: 1300 885 697