This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. It is likely that these individuals are establishing their own work performance.
Individuals in these roles carry out a range of routine procedural, clerical, administrative or operational tasks that require technology and business skills. They apply a broad range of competencies using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
There are no specific academic entry requirements for this qualification.
Applicants for the Certificate III in Business are expected to:
- Be able to use a personal computer, including basic word processing, spreadsheet, email programs and internet search engines
- Have a demonstrated capacity in learning, reading, writing, oracy and numeracy competencies to Level 3 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF). See Australian Core Skills Framework.
The above requirements could be demonstrated by applicants in a variety of ways such as:
- Having completed secondary school to year 11;
- Successful employment in a position that required use of computers in an office situation;
- Verified references from an employer indicating that the applicant has demonstrated the above requirements in their workplace;
- Via an interview process that assesses the applicant’s skills.
Work Placement Requirements
Other Course Requirements
Students may be required to complete the written assessments outside of class time, which depending on the students underpinning knowledge, may be approximately 6-10 hours per week,
Course length is 12 months
Whyalla, Port Lincoln, Roxby Downs, Adelaide
Delivery Modes Available
Full-time or part-time attendance at a group delivery in a venue conducted by a facilitator
Total course cost $3,000.00
Total number of units = 13
6 core units plus
7 elective units, of which:
- 2 elective units must be selected from Group A
- 1 elective unit must be selected from Group B
- for the remaining 4 elective units:
- up to 4 units may be selected from Groups A – G
- if not listed, up to 3 units may be selected from a Certificate II, Certificate III or Certificate IV from this or any other currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
BSBCRT311 Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment
BSBPEF201 Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
BSBSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
BSBTWK301 Use inclusive work practices
BSBWHS311 Assist with maintaining workplace safety
BSBXCM301 Engage in workplace communication
BSBTEC301 Design and produce business documents
BSBTEC302 Design and produce spreadsheets
BSBPEF301 Organise personal work priorities
BSBOPS305 Process customer complaints
BSBOPS301 Maintain business resources
BSBPUR301 Purchase goods and services
BSBWRT311 Write simple documents
If you have any questions regarding this course or would like to enrol, please contact us on:
Phone: 1300 885 697